UChicago Presents concert series seeks an individual with superb communication and organizational skills, interested in being a vital part of a respected organization dedicated to the presentation of a wide range of musical events, including classical, early, contemporary, world, jazz music. This is a permanent part-time position (15-19.5 hours per week) without benefits.
- Under general supervision, the Communications and Production Assistant develops and disseminates information designed to inform the public of the organization’s programs.
- Accomplishes assigned duties through written communications; visual/graphic media, which may include website maintenance; copywriting and/or editing for marketing materials, press releases, radio and print advertisements, Constant Contact emails, social media outlets, websites, posters, and annual fundraising solicitations.
- Creates original content for digital and print channels and content marketing efforts. Produces program books. Manages weekly sales reports and databases (including list exchanges) to support the growth of the organization.
- Receives and responds to general customer-service requests via phone and email. Coordinates the organization’s complimentary student ticket program.
- Assists with the coordination of concert events including communication with artist managers regarding program and artist information.
- Represents the organization at performances and events by interacting with concert patrons, distributing marketing materials, and providing general support as needed.
- Assists in developing marketing communications, advertising, or publicity materials with a moderate to high level of guidance from others.
- Performs one or more of the following marketing functions: marketing communications /advertising; Web blogs or digital marketing; market research; development or review and update of the marketing infrastructure and management of external sales agency relationships.
- Performs other related work as needed.
- Minimum requirements include a college or university degree in related field.
- Minimum requirements include knowledge and skills developed through < 2 years of work experience in a related job discipline.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Background in marketing and communications in the arts, preferably in the classical or contemporary music fields.
- Working knowledge with social media.
Technical Skills or Knowledge:
- Knowledge of music, preferably classical.
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite and Mac computers.
- Creativity in developing new ideas and problem-solving situations.
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills.
- Work scheduled concerts.
- Work under tight deadlines.
- Work with diverse groups of people, including extended staff and campus colleagues, artists, faculty, audience members.
- Strong customer service and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Have a positive outlook, enthusiasm, energy, and a willingness to learn.
- A willingness to do what it takes to get the job done, including providing support on a variety of tasks for production, marketing, and audience services, including at performances.
- Some evening or weekend work could be possible.
- At venues, some physical work is typically necessary.
- Lift up to 25 pounds.
- Walk to various parts of campus.
- Mix of office and concert event environments.
- Resume/CV (required)
- Letter of Interest in this Position (required)
- List of References Contact Information (3) (required)
- Please attach a response to the following – What would you find to be challenging with assisting in putting on events, and if you are asked to assist attendees at concerts, what would you find challenging about that? (required)
To apply for this job please visit uchicago.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.