Utah Symphony | Utah Opera (USUO) is seeking an experienced Sales Manager to manage the organization’s telemarketing, telefunding, and group sales efforts; which include series package sales, special promotions, and fundraising for the Utah Symphony, Utah Opera, and the Deer Valley® Music Festival. The Sales Manager reports to the Director of Patron Engagement, and will work closely with USUO’s Marketing and Development (Fundraising) departments. This position works out of USUO’s call room in Bountiful, UT and the office hours are Monday – Friday, 10:00am – 6:00pm.
Essential responsibilities include:
• Hire, motivate, train, and mentor Sales and Group Sales Associates
• Develop and implement telemarketing subscription, telefunding and group sales campaigns
• Assist Sales Associates throughout sales process, and enter completed sales and donations on behalf of Sales Associates in Tessitura
• Establish guidelines for reporting on and executing sales goals
• Successfully meet financial goals: total revenue, office expenses, ROI
• Work with Development and Education teams for fundraising and education initiatives
• Manage sales lead inventory
• Develop materials for sales associates; including scripts, policies, training documentation
• Manage and motivate sales associates to exceed ticketing revenue and fundraising goals
• Provide daily and weekly sales reports
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, sales, or related field or equivalent experience
• Excellent organizational, managerial, and communication skills.
• Ability to create a positive work environment and motivate employees
• Demonstrated knowledge of good customer service policies and consumer behavior
• Ability to work well under deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• High level of initiative and creativity
• Advanced understanding of sales processes and KPIs
• Excellent written and verbal communication, and customer service skills
• Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Competency with Tessitura ticketing system preferred.
To apply please send cover letter, resume and references with Sales Manager in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About Utah Symphony | Utah Opera
About Utah Symphony | Utah Opera Utah Symphony | Utah Opera’s mission is to connect Utah with great live music in orchestral and operatic art forms that celebrate past traditions while cultivating present and future audiences.The Utah Symphony, which performs more than 70 concerts at Abravanel Hall and in the community, is one of only fifteen year-round orchestras in the nation. Together with Utah Opera, which presents four productions annually at the Janet Quinney Lawson Capitol Theatre, USUO reaches 350,000 people in Utah and the Intermountain region through performances and educational outreach programs. The organization employs 57 staff and 86 full-time musicians and has a development staff of nine. USUO hosts an annual summer series – the Deer Valley® Music Festival – in Park City, Utah. For more information, visit www.usuo.org.