Utah Symphony | Utah Opera’s summer intern is responsible for assisting the Development Department with its administrative, presentational, promotional, and onsite operational aspects of the Deer Valley® Music Festival. This individual will interact with patrons, individual donors, corporate sponsors, orchestra members, and guest artists; therefore, a professional and mature demeanour is required. College students and graduate students with an interest in Arts Management or Non-Profit Fundraising are encouraged to apply.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
• Assisting with the Deer Valley® Music Festival VIP program
• Weekday office work in Salt Lake City, UT
• Friday and Saturday night concert duty in Park City, UT (Concerts at Snow Park Lodge)
• Thursday night event duty in Park City, UT (Salon Events in Private Homes)
• Tracking RSVP lists for events throughout the summer
The work schedule is flexible (allowing for days/evenings off each week) and will be negotiated before the internship begins. This is an unpaid internship, but does offer other benefits described below. The candidate would ideally have superior customer service skills when dealing with patrons over the phone and face-to-face. Candidates must be proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook. Knowledge of the design website WordFly and of the ticketing and fundraising database system Tessitura is a plus.
The benefits of a Deer Valley® Music Festival internship include:
• Housing in Park City during weekend Festival work
• Dinners provided during weekend Festival work and at other evening events
• Opportunities to attend performances and receive complimentary/discounted tickets
• Opportunities to meet prominent artists in various music fields
• Increased understanding of the performing arts and arts administration
• Opportunities to interact with top administrative professionals in the performing arts field
Applications are due by Friday, March 15. Application materials should include a resume and cover letter. Internships begin June 4 and end on August 10, 2019. The internship start date could be flexible depending on the applicant. Please send resume and cover letter to Heather Weinstock at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Utah Symphony | Utah Opera
About Utah Symphony | Utah Opera Utah Symphony | Utah Opera’s mission is to connect Utah with great live music in orchestral and operatic art forms that celebrate past traditions while cultivating present and future audiences.The Utah Symphony, which performs more than 70 concerts at Abravanel Hall and in the community, is one of only fifteen year-round orchestras in the nation. Together with Utah Opera, which presents four productions annually at the Janet Quinney Lawson Capitol Theatre, USUO reaches 350,000 people in Utah and the Intermountain region through performances and educational outreach programs. The organization employs 57 staff and 86 full-time musicians and has a development staff of nine. USUO hosts an annual summer series – the Deer Valley® Music Festival – in Park City, Utah. For more information, visit www.usuo.org.