As Executive Assistant: Provide administrative support for the Utah Symphony’s Sr. VP & COO of Utah Symphony | Utah Opera. Enhance effectiveness by providing information management support and representing Sr. VP & COO. Assume additional responsibilities and perform special projects as needed or directed
As Office Manager: Responsible for providing front-end administrative support for Utah Symphony | Utah Opera offices at Abravanel Hall, i.e., answering phones, managing correspondence, receiving deliveries, greeting visitors, handling general inquiries, and ordering office supplies.
Support to the Senior VP & COO
• Maintain and coordinate Sr. VP and COO’s daily appointment schedule including meetings with staff members, musicians, board meetings, interviews, etc.
• Assist with business travel when necessary.
• Manage PR related activities for COO including reviewing PR/Marketing materials and photos, ensuring accuracy.
• Assist with time management by gathering, transcribing, formatting, editing, and copying information.
• Prepare COO for meetings; assist with reports and gather information from other departments.
• Record meeting minutes for Orchestra Committee and Department Heads meetings, Artistic Advisory, and other HR related meetings for COO.
• Help conserve time and create efficiencies and effectiveness of the COO office by assisting in research, reading, and summarizing information, gathering, collecting, and analyzing information and initiating telecommunications.
• Represent COO in all ways while maintaining confidence and speaking for him as necessary.
• Attend meetings on behalf of COO as needed takes notes.
• Maintain COO office and office supplies and ensure operation of equipment.
• Greet and welcome guests for meetings making them feel comfortable and addressing needs.
• Provide historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems both physical and electronic.
• Maintain HR files and Orchestra and Staff HR meetings confidential.
• Assist with creating and maintaining timelines.
• Assist with Employees’ FMLA paperwork.
• Keep organization’s HR posted workroom documentation current.
• Advise COO on staff morale issues and assist with HR training, staff surveys, and overall task of creating a positive working environment.
• Secure all critical information and data.
• Work with COO on developing and maintaining HR policies and procedures.
• Prepare for and execute annual events such as Orchestra and Staff Recognition events, etc.
• Manage HR job postings and job searches and assist with coordinating interview schedules for COO.
• Act as main point of contact for the organization: answer phones, provide assistance, direct calls, and take messages as necessary.
• Act as a liaison between Abravanel Hall office counter-parts at Production Studios.
• Manage general office supplies; take inventory and place orders, and verify receipts.
• Supervise the orderly appearance of main office, workroom, and kitchen; ensure a clean and safe work environment; communicate with custodial services as needed and coordinate annual office cleaning day.
• Maintain company directories.
• Place special orders/requests, i.e. business cards, name badges, etc.
• Coordinate notices, flowers, cards (Get-well, Birthday, etc.) food/snacks for meetings/events.
• Handle petty cash and parking vouchers/validations; monitor cash flow regularly: log, track and reconcile with Accounting Dept.
• Organize incoming/outgoing mail and faxes daily; distribute to appropriate staff and contact courier(s) i.e. FedEx; mail drop-off and maintain postage meter; instruct staff in shipping and mailing procedures as necessary.
• Work with Information Systems Manager on minor computer and copy machine issues; contact as necessary for maintenance and repair.
• Provide administrative support and perform special projects as needed or directed for the Office of the Sr. VP & COO.
• Other duties as assigned.
1. Minimum of bachelor’s degree.
2. Experience with symphonic music and knowledge of symphonic repertoire preferred.
3. Effective written and verbal communication skills.
4. Ability to work under pressure with diverse personalities.
5. Advanced computer skills with working knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, and Excel.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and references by May 24, 2019 to:
Senior V.P. and COO
Utah Symphony | Utah Opera
123 W South Temple
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About Utah Symphony | Utah Opera
About Utah Symphony | Utah Opera
Founded in 1940, the Utah Symphony performs more than 175 concerts each season and offers all Utahns easy access to world-class live musical performances of the world’s greatest music in the state’s top venues. Named the orchestra’s seventh music director in 2009, Thierry Fischer has attracted leading musicians and top soloists to the community, and celebrated the orchestra’s 75th anniversary with a performance at Carnegie Hall. Building on the legacy by long-time Music Director Maurice Abravanel, Maestro Fischer continues to record the orchestra; its most recent release is an album for Hyperion of music by Saint-Saëns.
Utah Opera, established by Glade Peterson in 1978, has been part of the Utah community for 40 years and engages audiences through inspiring operatic performances. The opera company presents four annual productions at the historic Janet Quinney Lawson Capitol, In addition to producing classic works from the operatic repertoire, Utah Opera also emphasizes the importance of contemporary American opera, with notable achievements including most recently the creation and premiere in 2018 of the second production of Jake Heggie’s and Gene Scheer’s “Moby-Dick,” which will appear in co-producing companies throughout the United States and Europe. Current Artistic Director, Christopher McBeth, joined the company in the fall of 2000 and took over primary artistic leadership in 2003.
The six-week Deer Valley® Music Festival is the summer home of the Utah Symphony, and was named one of the top summer destinations by CNN in 2016.
Utah Symphony | Utah Opera, the orchestra’s parent organization, merged in 2002 and reaches 400,000 residents in Utah and the Intermountain region, with music outreach programs serving around 150,000 students annually. For more information visit www.usuo.org