Website Writers Theatre
Position: Marketing Coordinator & Data Analyst
Location: Glencoe/Chicago, IL (hybrid)
Salary: $40,000 – $45,000.
About Writers Theatre
Writers Theatre (WT) is a nationally-recognized, award-winning theatre company located on the North Shore of Chicago with annual operating budget of $6 Million. Known for the consistent high quality and intimacy of its productions, WT is focused on the power of the written word and dedicated to the artists who bring that word to life. Having captivated audiences for years with its commitment to creating the most intimate theatrical experience possible, the theatre is a major Chicagoland cultural destination with a national reputation for excellence, being called “America’s finest regional theater company” by The Wall Street Journal. Under the leadership of Executive Director Kathryn M. Lipuma and Artistic Director Braden Abraham, the company is charting a path forward for its future.
DATA ANALYSIS TO DRIVE RESULTS – CHASING METRICS THAT MATTER TO GROW WT AUDIENCES & EARNED REVENUE
The Marketing Coordinator & Data Analyst will support the Marketing Team by providing weekly data reports from our sales and marketing channels, including the Tessitura ticket and customer database, all social media channels, website, and email marketing platform. These reports will be used to identify marketing campaign successes and opportunities and will guide and inform future marketing strategies and tactics.
This is a unique opportunity for a data and numbers driven person, new in their arts marketing career, who is interested in learning more about how data informs strategy, the processes by which we access that data, and how marketing teams work together to develop their campaigns.
Primary, day-to-day tasks:
Sales & Audience Development
* Work with the Marketing Team, Box Office, and to pull weekly reports from Tessitura database, including sales, attendance stats, house counts and patron demo info
* Work with Marketing Manager & Director of Marketing & Communications to optimize partnerships with outside consultants (sales tracking and dynamic pricing)
* Work with the Marketing Manager to pull reports from social channels, including engagement metrics and follower counts and
* Track social media content across the theatre industry, locally and nationally
* Work with the Creative Design Manager to pull reports including open and click through rates, click-to-open ratio, bounces and unsubscribes
Media Plain ROI
* Work with media partner & Marketing Manager to understand effectiveness of media plan and help steer paid investments most shrewdly
Post Show Surveys
* Work with Director of Marketing & Communications to develop a post-show survey for 23/24 Season to capture pertinent patron data from season productions and auxiliary programming
* Pull reports from Google Analytics, including: most visited web pages, rates, etc.
* Note best practices of performing arts industry websites that might be considered for WT’s new website
Marketing Team Work Flow
* Work with the Marketing Manager to help prioritize and traffic incoming requests to responsibly manage tasks – while keeping an “eye on the prize” of earned revenue & audience development
* Work with the financial department to manage check requests and pay marketing invoices in a timely manner and to oversee and document all monthly charges to the marketing credit card
* Keep up-to-date documentation on the Marketing department’s budget (annual and on a production-to-production basis)
Big picture, long term responsibilities and projects:
* Stay up to date on Tessitura updates and best practices, including new opportunities to track audience and sales data
* Work with Director of Marketing and Communications and Box Office team to document processes and how-tos for pulling Tessitura data
* Become familiar with email Prospect2 marketing automation platform and Tessitura database integrations and how to optimize them
Qualifications & Key Competencies
* 2+ years affiliation with performing arts organizations preferred
* Basic to intermediate knowledge of Tessitura database preferred
* Basic knowledge of email marketing and social media metrics
* An interest in arts marketing and active attendance at live theatre
* A curiosity about marketing data and numbers—and how those data drive decisions and creative campaigns
* Experience with marketing automation platforms such as Prospect2 or Mailchimp, as well as Google Analytics, a plus but not required
* Must be able to remain in a stationary position for periods of time while working at a computer, as well as move about inside the office and theatre buildings to access necessary materials and equipment
* Must be able to exchange accurate information both written and in-person with internal and external stakeholders
Benefits include: medical, dental and disability insurance, vacation and other paid leave, a 403(b)-retirement plan (with employer match) and medical and dependent care cafeteria plans.
Qualified and interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume and any salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Want to help us improve our hiring process? Please include where you found this job posting when you email us your materials.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com