Website Yale School of Music
Yale School of Music seeks a highly qualified Box Office Manager. This individual would manage day-to-day box office operations, including setup of events, financial reconciliation, reporting, problem solving, and hiring/training/supervising box office student workers. Extensive Tessitura experience is critical for this position. Flexible schedule, frequent nights and weekends required during concert season.
Set and enforce policies and procedures for sales of tickets, packages, and subscriptions, including ADA, Patron, and VIP seating.
Manage reservation and distribution of house seats and complimentary tickets for students, faculty, and staff.
Cooperate with Concert Office Manager and Communications team to devise special offers to promote ticket sales.
Send solicitation letters and administer benefit programs for donors to major concert series.
Reconcile daily financial transactions, in cooperation with Business Office and Development.
Supervise 6-10 student workers in their work handling box office phone and window sales, will-call ticket distribution, and program creation and production.
Resolve any escalated customer service issues with ticket buyers. Distribute information when recitals and concerts are canceled or postponed.
Negotiate pricing, policies, and fees with outside organizations for their events to be ticketed by YSM.
Liaise with outside organizations that ticket YSM events, including the Shubert Theater, Carnegie Hall, and box offices at other run-out locations.
Oversee setup of remote box office service locations for Woolsey Hall and ticketed concerts at other venues on campus.
Oversee concert office phone and email accounts. Ensure that messages are responded to or forwarded to the correct party in a timely manner.
Train student and casual box office staff in Tessitura software for ticket sales.
Setup and train YSM employees in the use of Tessitura for finance and development purposes.
Serve as the primary resource for The Collection and Norfolk box office staff in Tessitura and box office procedures.
Enter and update concert information into Tessitura for ticket sales and display on YSM website.
Program and implement special ticket offers in Tessitura.
Enter gifts and process donation acknowledgments in Tessitura.
Manage constituent data on all customers and donors, as well as YSM students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
Ensure data stays clean and up to date.
Design and run lists and extraction sets in Tessitura to extract constituent data as needed for any YSM business purposes.
Pull reports from Tessitura as needed for any YSM business purposes. Help YSM Tessitura users with any problems as they arise; escalate issues to Yale Tessitura Consortium director or Tessitura Network help staff as needed.
With Yale Tessitura Consortium Director, participate in testing and implementation of enhancements and updates to Tessitura.
Create and maintain documentation on Tessitura procedures.
Required Education and Experience
1. Eight years of related experience, six of them in the same job family at the next lower level and a high school level education; or six years of related experience and an Associate’s Degree; or two years of related work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
2. Box Office and House Management experience.
3. Customer service and/or sales experience.
4. Performing arts experience.
1. Demonstrated customer service leadership experience. Excellent oral communication skills, strong organization and problem-solving skills.
2. Strong writing skills, including copy writing, editing, and proofreading.
3. Demonstrated cash handling experience.
4. Proven Tessitura software experience (2 years minimum).
5. Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Smartsheet, Drupal, and Wordfly.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.